Creating a text only printer
To enable printing to the SMC Gateway, you will need to add a printer in your windows operating system.
Different versions of Windows may differ to the guide below.
If in doubt speak to your I.T department.
- Go to “Devices & Printers” and add a printer
- Select “Add a local printer”, “create a new port” and choose “Standard TCP/IP Port”
- Enter the IP address of the SMC Gateway and a free port number under “Host name or IP address”. For example 192.168.100.100:9001
- Untick Query printer or anything about detecting drivers, as they are not needed.
- When asked for further port information, go to custom / settings and check the following
- IP address is correct
- The port is something like 9001 (if in doubt use 9001 unless told other by I.T)
- Protocol is Raw
Configure the Gateway
To set up in a flow you will need a TCP-in node.
This node will allow you to listen to a TCP port that you set as a free port number in section 3 while setting up the printer.
Then set the following settings in the TCP-in node.
Now if you print a text file, choose the new printer and print. Depending on what you print you will see the following in the debug tab on the gateway.