This document explains how to make use of an example flow as provided by SMC.
Example flows are provided in good faith, but are provided with no warranty or guarantee for production use. You should always conduct your own testing!
Flows are provided as ‘txt’ files, and sometimes these may be within a zip archive along with other associated files.
- Open the example flow ‘txt’ file in notepad (or any other text format application). Importantly do not open it in a word-processor such as MS Word or Wordpad.
- Select all of the text by clicking once anywhere within the text and then press Ctrl-A to select all text, and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard, or right click and click Select All, then right click again and select Copy.
- Open the workflow page of the SMC Gateway in your web browser.
- We recommend creating a new tab to load the example flow into by clicking the + icon to the right of the existing tab(s).
- Now click on the menu button in the top right corner (three horizontal bars) and click on Import → Clipboard option.
- When the import window opens, press Ctrl-V to paste the flow text from the clipboard, and then click OK.
- Now drag the new flow into position using the mouse and left click to secure the flow in place.
- Now click the red Deploy button, and your new flow is ready to go!
Example flows may be supplied with a PDF document with example specific notes, or a comment node (see right) within the flow which can be opened by double clicking.