The Mototrbo mobiles we can connect to are the DM4400/01 and the DM4600/01
You will need a Mototrbo programming lead to connect to the SMC Gateway, using the rear facilities 26 pin plug on the mobile.
SMC Gateway settings
Login to your gateway, and on the left select “Radio Systems”. Then select the “MOTOTRBO USB” tab.
Select the enabled button to enable the MOTOTRBO USB connection, and setup as needed, your setup should look like the image below
Set the following to your specification.
- Radio ID – This needs to be the same as you have programmed in your mobile.
- CAI Prefix – The CAI (Common Air Interface) is defaulted to 12, however if you change in the mobile then also change here.
- Sound Recording – enable if needed.
Then click Save.
Mototrbo mobile settings
Read the mobile with the Mototrbo CPS.
- In General Settings set your “Radio ID” to the same as set in the gateway.
- Go to Network and find the section below.
The default settings should be fine, if you change the CAI Network, then you need to change in the gateway also.
You must set Forward to PC to “Via USB”, this will ensure that messages and events directed to the Mototrbo mobile are passed to the SMC Gateway.
3. Set up the channel as you normally would. The Portables will need to be able to contact the gateway mobile so they will need the same frequency / colour code / group ID / security setting / time slot.
Second mobile settings
You can add a second mobile to the SMC Gateway to either use the second time slot, or for data revert.
- In the gateway, under radio systems, click “MOTOTRBO USB Slave” enabled check box.
- Set the Radio ID & CAI.
- “Send ARS Ack request via” gives you two options for dava revert. “Same radio” is for conventional systems, “Data revert via main radio” is for Capacity Plus and linked Capacity Plus systems.
In the second Mototrbo mobile, you will need to set up as above, however in the Network settings, change the top IP address “Radio IP” to 192.168.20.1