Web tracking application, showing real time positioning of radios via GPS.
This flow allows for live tracking of radio systems via a browser. Utilizing Open Street Maps, or pre downloaded mapping saved to your Gateway.
In order to install the flow, you must first setup a list for the various parameters needed, and also download the .zip file below, and copy the contents to a USB drive.
Step 1 - Create the Livetrack list
- Login to your gateway, and click on the “Lists” sidebar option.
- Click the “Add new list” button.
- Enter “Livetrack” as the list name.
- Enter “ident” as the key field.
- Click “Save”, and you will be returned to the lists page, showing the newly added “Livetrack” list. We now need to add the extra required fields.
- Click on the “Livetrack” list to open the edit page again.
- In the “Addition Fields”, enter “alias” as the name, and select the type as “String/Text” and click “Add”
- Do the same as above but for fields “color” and “icon” , ensuring they are set to “String/Text” also.
- Now in the “Addition Fields” add the following fields, “lat” , “lng” and “locationTS” and set them to type “Number”.
- Now click “Save” to complete the creation of the list.
Step 2 - Load the flow
- Download and open the Livetrack-flow-v1-1.txt file from below.
- Import the flow into the workflow editor using these instructions.
Step 3 - Configure the flow (required)
- Each of the TEN lists nodes must be editted to match the list you created in step 1.
- For each node named “update list”, “remove from list”, “fetch from list” & “find in list”, double click the node and make sure the list is correctly selected as your “Livetrack” list.
Step 4 - Download and copy files to a USB drive (required)
- Download the Livetrack-v1-1.zip from below, and unzip the contents.
- Copy the contents from the .zip file to the USB using the instructions here.
- You can change the audio file with a wav file for a different emergency sound.
- Also you can change the image by changing the logo.png in the logo folder, please ensure the names do not change.
After installing Livetrack, point your web browser to “http://192.168.100.100/usb” if you are on the default IP address of the gateway. Change as needed.
If you do not see a map, that is because you have no map tiles on your USB drive (see here for instruction on offline mapping).
Go to the top right of the page and hover over the button there to see the mapping choices available.
The choices are
- SMC Gateway – Select this for using offline map tiles (default)
- Open Street Map – Uses Open Street Maps, an online mapping system, you will need internet connectivity for this to work.
- Open topo – Is a Topology based mapping system, this is also online only.
When a radio sends in it’s GPS coordinates, we will show a default icon on the map with the radio’s ID.
To view the radios please use the controls at the top left of the page, see below for a description of these controls.
|Zoom in||Zooms the map out (mouse wheel also works.)|
|Zoom out||Zooms the map in|
|Show Device list||Opens a side panel to allow you to edit the devices Icon , name etc|
|Zoom to all devices||Zooms the map to allow you to see all devices|
All Flows, sample applications and the like are provided only for your convenience and may be superseded by updates. You are responsible for ensuring the safety and fitness for purpose of any solution for a given, implied or expressed. SMC LTD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, RELATED TO THE INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS CONDITION, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. SMC Ltd disclaims all liability arising from this information and its use.